Why Choose Raw
Why We Choose Royal Canin
A raw food diet for dogs, often referred to as a "BARF" (Biologically Appropriate Raw Food) diet, emphasizes providing canines with unprocessed, natural foods, mirroring what their ancestors consumed in the wild. Proponents argue that such a diet promotes optimal health by offering a range of essential nutrients in their raw and unaltered state. Raw meat, bones, and vegetables are the primary components, believed to provide a rich source of bioavailable vitamins, minerals, and enzymes.
Advocates of raw feeding claim benefits such as improved coat condition, healthier skin, and enhanced dental health. The natural chewing associated with raw bones is thought to contribute to dental hygiene by reducing plaque and promoting gum health. Furthermore, the absence of certain additives and processing in raw diets is believed to alleviate allergies and sensitivities in some dogs.
Despite these potential benefits, it's crucial to approach a raw food diet with caution. The risk of bacterial contamination, such as Salmonella or E. coli, is a concern. Additionally, achieving a well-balanced and complete nutritional profile can be challenging, requiring careful planning and supplementation. Veterinary consultation is paramount to tailor a raw food diet that meets your dog's specific needs, ensuring they receive the essential nutrients for optimal health and well-being.
Choosing raw dog food can have several potential benefits for your pet, here’s some.
1. Raw dog food typically consists of high-quality, unprocessed ingredients like raw meat, bones, and vegetables, providing a natural and balanced diet for dogs.
2. Some dogs may have an easier time digesting raw food compared to heavily processed kibble, leading to reduced digestive issues.
3. A balanced raw diet can contribute to a shinier coat and healthier skin for your dog.
4. Chewing on raw bones can help keep your dog's teeth clean and healthy.
5. Some dog owners report increased energy levels and vitality in their pets on a raw food diet.
6. Raw diets may reduce the likelihood of food allergies or intolerances in some dogs.
7. It can be easier to manage your dog's weight with a carefully controlled raw diet.
At Ontario Guardian Corso, we love to use “bold by nature” raw dog food, and here’s why.